Thursday, July 8, 2010

Patience

Patience... What is that exactly? I'm not sure I remember, or even if I have any of that left! As my roof is being pounded on, my baby is crying, and my oldest is refusing to take a nap, patience is thin. This is the perfect time to be reminded of just how important it is to have patience... God given patience.

Romans 15:5 states, "May God, who gives this patience and encouragement, help you live in complete harmony with each other, as is fitting for followers of Jesus Christ." Wow! This says a lot to me. First off, my family and I are followers of Jesus Christ. So there should be something about us that others can see and just know that we are "different." I don't mean different as in something wrong with us. That's where the patience comes in.

Even during times like today when I have strangers banging on my roof, my kids are a little distraught, and even the dogs are having a hard time staying calm, God gives me patience. God is encouraging me to be patient with my kids. God is helping me to stay calm, so that I set a tone for the rest of my house while my husband is out. I just need to stay close to Him, and tap into that calm serenity. Is this easy? Heck no! I have to recite Romans 15:5 over, and over, and OVER again. I have to meditate on it. I have to be reminded constantly. Just because I'm a Christian doesn't make my ride any easier... what makes it easier is the fact that i can find a place deep in my heart to store the Word that God has given me. I can pull that Word out whenever I need it, and I can live by it.

1 comment:

  1. Hey Jenna!

    So glad to see you have a blog! It's such a release for me, too. Hope to hear more from you!

    love
    ashley

    ReplyDelete